10 Ways to Keep Your Dog From Ruining Your Stuff
Ever catch your dog chewing on your eyeglasses? Or how about your shoes?
Better yet, do you have furniture that your dog loves to destroy by chewing on it?
We must love our dogs a lot, because we keep taking care of them long after the rip up that expensive rug.
What if I told you that you didn't have to compromise? Guess what? You don't. They actually make some good products that can end a lot of your headaches.
Here are 10 things that will help you keep your stuff safe from doggy destruction.
Because not all things are meant to be chewed on, there’s OUT! Bitter Cherry Dog Chew Deterrent Training Spray. Dogs, especially puppies, learn about the world around them by trying to fit it into their mouths, or at least by giving it a taste.
- Natural lemon and grapeseed extracts deter chewing while natural cherry flavor provides a pleasant scent.
- Non-staining, alcohol-free liquid formula discourages your dog from chewing things she shouldn’t.
- Clear, non-staining solution can be sprayed on almost any surface including furniture, toys, shoes, cords and more.
- Also ideal for helping to prevent licking and chewing of itchy skin or bandaged areas.
- Made in the USA from natural, non-toxic ingredients and safe for use around the entire family.
A variety of animals use a hissing noise to drive away predators and The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Dog Training Aid releases a similar sound to help correct your dog’s bad habits.
- Interrupts bad behavior and is an essential combination tool with reward-based training methods.
- Emits a harmless hissing sound that is similar to the hiss of a snake or a cat to distract your dog.
- With 200 uses per can, it is a great training aid to stop barking, jumping up, stealing food and chasing.
- Comes with a training guide that informs pet parents of proper training and use.
- Created by Dr. Roger Mugford and is recommended and used by behaviorists and trainers around the world.
Redirect your perturbed pup’s attention and safely stop unwanted behavior immediately with PetArmor Dog Behavior Correction Spray. This unique spray combines a quick, attention-grabbing “hissing” noise with a scientifically-proven pheromone mist to quickly modify destructive or aggressive behavior.
- Safely and effectively stops unwanted behavior and redirect your pup's attention by combining an attention-grabbing hiss and a scientifically-proven pheromone mist.
- Patented technology mimics the natural pheromone a mother dog uses to calm and refocus her excitable puppies.
- Features a gentle lavender chamomile fragrance that smells great and offers additional natural calming properties.
- Suitable for use with puppies and dogs of all ages and breeds to deliver quick and efficient results without causing any physical harm.
Protect your doors from overeager claws with the CLAWGUARD Heavy Duty Door Scratch Shield. Made of 100% recyclable polymer plastic, this patent pending guard is twice as strong to protect your home from larger dogs who scratch doors.
- Over time, it trains your dog to stop scratching and is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Easy to install by just placing onto doorknob or securing with optional hook-and-loop fastener; includes optional fuzzy fastener disc.
- Made in the USA with 100% recyclable polymer plastic, and can be customized to fit any area with scissors; guard measures 44 inches tall and 20 inches wide.
- Patent pending guard is two times stronger to shield your door, doorframe, or wall from larger dogs who scratch.
- One side has ridges so you can hear your pal scratching at it from a distance, and the other side is smooth to silence scratching noises.
Until your curious pet can learn to read "Do Not Enter" signs, you can still get the same effect with the PetSafe ScatMat Electronic Pet Training Mat. This unique pet deterrent device is designed to keeps dogs and cats off your countertops, expensive or delicate furniture.
- Unique pet deterrent system is intended for indoor use only with dogs and cats of all sizes.
- Simple to set up and easy to use—just lay it down and switch it on; four sizes available to fit a variety of areas in your home.
- When your pet steps on the mat, he'll feel a mild and harmless three-second static pulse; indicator lights tell you how many times he’s stepped on the mat.
- DC power pack uses one 9-volt battery (not included); lasts for up to six months or 10,000 activations on one battery.
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum is designed to get your entire home clean and hair free, even in the most hard-to-reach areas. Featuring two specialized nozzles, one is a hard nozzle that is perfect for picking up dry messes like cat litter or dog food.
- Handheld vacuum with dual nozzles is designed specifically to take on pet hair.
- Hard nozzle is perfect for picking up dry messes like cat litter or dog food.
- Contoured rubber nozzle with comb-like bristles attracts hair and pulls out dirt on areas such as stairs and upholstery.
- Features a 16-foot power cord and is great for upholstery, stairs, vehicles and more.
- Multi-level filtration helps to reduce household allergens.
Clean your carpets like a pro with the Resolve Easy Clean Pro Carpet Cleaner Gadget. It’s designed to make it easy to deep clean the most frequently used and high-traffic carpet areas in your home, including stair landings, corridors, entry ways, and small area rugs.
- Complete kit for professional-grade carpet cleaning at home with gadget and foam cleaner.
- Brush bristles and foam cleaner get at ground-in dirt for more effective cleaning to help keep your carpets looking like new.
- Great for high-traffic areas like stair landings, corridors, entry ways, carpets and area rugs.
- Easy to use with ergonomic handle and upright brush to minimize strain while you clean.
- Includes foam cleaner so you can use it right out of the box, and helps prevent repeat soiling.
The Mammoth X-Mat is the patented pet free zone training mat recommended by professional dog trainers to help keep your animals off of furniture and tables.
- Features passive discomfort zones with pressure points to condition your pet to respect owner boundaries
- Even after the mat is removed, pets will associate the chosen zone with discomfort and stay away
- Recommended by professional dog trainers!
- Place the X-Mat on and around: Sofas, Chairs, Beds, Plants,
- Countertops, Doorways, Car Seats, and more!
- Flexible design allows it to be placed anywhere
Put your feet up and let the Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Portable Spot & Stain Carpet Cleaner do the work! Offering hands-free spot cleaning to remove pet stains and odors, this mighty cleaner works on both surface and deep-set messes with equal dexterity.
- Portable carpet cleaner offers hands-free spot and stain removal, especially in homes with pets.
- DeepReach™ Technology removes stains from the deepest part of the carpet fiber.
- Preset cleaning cycles automatically spray, brush and suction to remove both surface and deep-set pet stains and odors.
- Versatile cleaning with a ready-to-use hose and tough stain tool to manually clean upholstery, auto interiors and hard-to-reach areas.
- Automatic Smart System takes the guesswork out of spot and stain removal with just a touch of a button.
Help prevent pet accidents and reduce unnecessary clean-ups with OUT! Disposable Male Dog Diapers. These wraps provide a soft, leak-proof fit with adjustable, fur-friendly fasteners and a super-absorbent core to give your pup a secure and comfortable fit. They’re simple and easy to use, and designed to fit male dogs with a waist between 13 and 18 inches.
- Helps prevent pet accidents and reduces unnecessary clean-ups.
- Soft, leak-proof fit with adjustable, fur-friendly fasteners and a super-absorbent core for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Simple and easy to use, and designed to fit male dogs with a waist between 13 and 18 inches.
- Perfect solution for incontinence, excitable urination, territorial marking or other issues.
- They’re also great for protecting his kennel and bedding while traveling.
While all of these products work, you can also try to get to the root of the problem by addressing your dog's behavior. Many times destructive behavior is caused by separation anxiety or some other issue you can address through training.
If you'd like to check out our completely new take on the easy way to train your dog, check out our free everyday training guide.