What We Look for in the Best Puppy Training Pads
There are a few must haves for a puppy training pad:
- It must be waterproof so that the urine doesn’t soak through the pad and on to the floor. That would kind of defeat the purpose, right?
- It shouldn’t easily rip and tear. That makes a mess.
- It should absorb the urine. If your familiar with diapers, you know that the liquid can be absorbed without leaving you a wet, soggy mess. If you’re not familiar with diapers, go have a baby and come back. No, never mind, just take our word for it, it’s important!
- It should absorb quickly so that your dog doesn’t step in it and track it all over the house.
- It should have some sort of odor neutralizer so that your house doesn’t smell.
Sounds straight forward enough, but you would be surprised at the range of quality that you can find.
All Absorb Super Absorbent Training Pads: Our Pick
We picked the All Absorb pads because they meet and exceed all 5 criteria above. They are super absorbent and can hold about 3 cups of liquid. Plus, the pads actually absorb the liquid, turning it in to a gel. That means a much easier and less gross cleanup for you.
The back layer is also waterproof to prevent leaking on the floor. All in all, there are 5 layers of material in each pad.
Dog Won't Come When Called?
Download our FREE printable cheat sheet that you can use to get your dog to come everytime.
Inside the layers is a dog attractant and baking soda. One to help attract your dog to go on the pad, the other to help control the odor. All in all, we find they are the best bang for the buck.
Whether you are looking for housebreaking your puppy or for an older dog, the All Absorbs get the job done.