Are you looking for a natural supplement to improve your dog’s health? I think you might like what I found about coconut oil for dogs.
We all agree that we want to keep our dogs healthy. But now more than ever, it’s hard to keep up with all the supplements and multivitamins for dogs on the market.
The most common supplements for dogs are multivitamins. These can help prevent shedding, joints and improve their coat’s sheen. Like multivitamins for people they are pills made in a lab. Probiotics are also an important supplement to help with gastrointestinal problems.
People are starting to look for natural alternatives to multivitamins and other supplements. Enter coconut oil.
Coconut Oil for Dogs
Coconut oil has become widely popular for human use, so it was only a matter of time for us to start using it in dogs.
If you want to take a deep dive and see all the health benefits for people read this article here.
Coconut oil contains healthy fat, oil and juice. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also helps absorb other minerals and works as an antioxidant.
And if that’s not enough, here are 17 other completely random but equally as amazing benefits of coconut oil for dogs.
17 Benefits of Coconut Oil for Dogs
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that has been shown to prevent cancers.
- It regulates insulin and can help control diabetes.
- You can apply the oil externally or in your dogs food.
- The oil can disinfect cuts and many skin infections.
- When it comes to a dogs skin, the oil can help deodorize it keeping them smelling fresh.
- The taste of coconut oil compared to other’s is more appeasing to pets.
- It is also a great way to keep your dogs teeth healthy and clean.
- Brushing your dog ever few weeks with the coconut oil will also help to keep fleas at bay.
- You can apply it to any areas of dry skin on your dog.
- Coconut oil can also help reduce allergic reactions.
- Gently rub or brush on coconut oil to sooth cracked paw pads. You can put 4 tablespoons in a jar, let warm in the sun and apply.
- Coconut oil for dogs can increase energy levels which is important for your dogs health.
- A veterinarian Dr. Katie Gryzb states that coconut oil can potentially slow cognitive dysfunction in dogs. “Fatty acids are helpful in cognitive function, which has been medically proven,” she says.
- Coconut oil for dogs can help prevent digestive disorders.
- It also helps balance and regulate the thyroid.
- To treat for their immune system, heat the oil in a saucepan with one cup of water. Add turmeric until it forms into a paste then mix it with their meals. This is also a great way to cleanse your pets liver.
- Relieves arthritis.
To use the oil internally you can simply add one teaspoon of coconut oil to their food. According to Wellnessmama.com , you can use pure coconut oil or unrefined. However, organic coconut oil is always the best choice.
There are many benefits in giving your dog coconut oil as explained. The oil can be liquefied in a saucepan, in the microwave or by the natural sunlight. You can experiment with different types of oil and ways to use it to keep your pet healthy.
For more information on coconut oil from the Alternative Daily Click Here!